Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask





Often times cleansing your face isn't enough to remove all of the dirt clogging your pores, and that's why it is a good idea to do something extra once or twice a week to help keep them clear. Exfoliating will help clean away the dead layer of skin cells, so that our facial cleansers can do their job and remove daily makeup and grime. Masks are another great skincare item that can keep our skin clear and bright. This mask is supposed to pull out all of the dirt and toxins that are deep within your pores using activated charcoal and White China clay. With any pore-clearing product, you might expect it to help reduce the size and visibility of the pores. One of the reasons we can have enlarged pores is because we have dirt trapped within, when the pore is clean it shrinks in size because it is not full of debris.
How to use - It is best to open the pores before applying this, to maximize its ability to work. I usually apply after a hot shower, if not you can dampen a washcloth with warm/hot water (not so hot that it will burn your skin) and place it over the face to open the pores. Then apply in an even layer over the face, being careful not to get too close to the eyes. Let it sit until it dries completely, usually around five to ten minutes depending on the thickness of the layer. Once dry, rinse thoroughly with warm water until skin is clean.

I do not have particularly sensitive skin, but when I apply the mask it has a bit of a light stinging sensation. Not burning, but a little more than tingling. It goes away about a minute after I have it on, but if you are someone with more sensitive skin this may not be for you. After rinsing I do notice my face is a bit red for a few minutes, but there is no pain and my skin is not tight or uncomfortable.





I definitely notice that my skin is smoother and really clean feeling after rinsing. I don't notice a major difference in my pores, they may be slightly more clear but nothing spectacular. It is a good mask in general, but not necessarily for clearing out or reducing the size of the pores. You do get a large amount of product, I've used this mask six or seven times and barely made a dent. Basically, if you're looking for a miracle worker that will deep clean like the clarisonic, this is not it. But if you are looking for a nice mask to get a squeaky clean face, I think you would really like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment