Thursday, May 30, 2013

Urban Decay Naked Basics


The Naked Basics palette is a mostly matte, travel-friendly neutrals palette from Urban Decay. I say mostly matte because the first color in the palette, Venus, is actually quite shimmery. It is basically a white version of Bootycall from the Naked 2.

Venus on left Bootycall on right


Venus- A shimmery white/off-white
Foxy- A yellow matte
W.O.S.(Walk of Shame)- A pinkish/nude matte
Naked2- A cool-toned light brown
Faint- A warm medium/deep brown
Crave- A dark black matte

Basics with camera flash

While the first three shades in this palette don't get much use, I always reach for the last three. Naked2 is a favorite of mine for a crease color, and Faint is great for my outer corners. I am always wearing a variation of brown on my eyes, so for me this palette is really useful. I have the Naked 2 palette, but I actually use this more day to day, probably because it has everything I need for a neutral eye look. 

Venus, Foxy, WOS, Naked2, Faint, and Crave


If you are the type of person to mix up your eye makeup and wear a large range of colors, I think you can do without this palette. However, if you are always wearing neutrals and have been searching for matte eyeshadows with good color payoff, this is for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment