Monday, May 27, 2013

Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray


During the warmer months my face tends to become a greasy disaster a few hours after applying my makeup. I always use primer and set with a powder, but that is no match for my oily t-zone that basically dissolves my foundation. Blotting helps, but it does remove at least some of my makeup. When I first learned about setting sprays, I was hesitant to spend money on something that I wasn't even sure would do anything to help. I finally did, and I'm so happy I did because it really does make a difference. It's not a miracle in a bottle, but it definitely adds some time to the life of my makeup.





Directions

                My favorite from the Urban Decay line is the De-Slick Setting Spray. I have tried All-Nighter which works amazingly as well, but since I get so oily in my t-zone I needed something made specifically for oily skin. I focus it on the center of my face since I have combination skin and that is where the oil is a problem. It is nice to use after powdering to take away the matte powdery look that I hate. Sometimes a big drop of it will come out rather than a mist but that is easily fixable, I just wipe it with a finger or use my foundation brush to blend everything out.

                It claims to keep you shine-free for 16 hours, but I can't say I agree with that. Everyone's skin is different and it also depends on the foundation that you're using it with, but it definitely will keep you shine-free longer than usual. I think this product is worth the money, and I will continue to repurchase.



De Slick XL

                I purchased the XL version which is 6 oz, 2 oz more than the regular 4 oz bottle. I have only seen this size at Nordstrom Rack which is where I got mine, but you can buy the 4 oz ($29) and a travel sized 1 oz bottle ($14) at UrbanDecay.com, Sephora, and Ulta. Also, they just repackaged the setting sprays and
they are now in sleek white bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment