Sunday, September 29, 2013

A Few Current Favorites






Ibuki Refining Moisturizer - I got this in the Ibuki Ready for Anything Skin set from Sephora about a month ago, and I can't get enough of it. It smells clean (it is fragranced so if you are sensitive you may want to test it out in store if possible) and a little goes a long way. If you apply it really heavy-handed it can get a little sticky for daytime use, but otherwise it sinks in quickly. I think it has really been helping to calm my skin from the weird summer breakout situation I've been experiencing. I plan to do a more in depth post on the Ibuki line from Shiseido soon.


Caudalie Lip Conditioner - I also got this from a set at Sephora, the Caudalie Favorites Set which I split with my mom. I have several lip treatment/conditioner/balm products already, but I have been reaching for this one a lot. I mainly use it after brushing my teeth in the morning and evenings. It keeps my lips flake-free for a few hours until I reapply or use another balm. I actually prefer it to the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment, as the Fresh one is really soft and easy to break and also this one doesn't have any SPF- which I feel can make my lips peel a bit.

Urban Decay Primer Potion Original - I finally jumped on the bandwagon and picked up a mini of this primer. I have used Benefit's Stay Don't Stray for a while now and I always hated how it left a cakey layer on my eyes. This one is nothing like that and it is like glue for your eye shadow. It blends down to almost nothing but your shadow will last absolutely all day.

Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Stick in Amsterdam - A year or two ago I received a mini of the Buxom Lip Stick in this color. I wasn't really into lipstick at the time so it just sat around not being used. One day for some reason I decided to try it out and I was in love. It is a good my lips but better color (maybe a little bit darker than a mlbb) and it tingles a bit since it is supposed to be plumping. I can't attest to any actual plumping, but I love lip products that give a little tingle. I am really liking this line from Buxom which I believe has now been renamed Full-On Lip Stick. They can be a tad drying (only a few shades are drying), but apply over a balm and add a lip gloss if you like and it is perfect. 

Amsterdam and UD Primer Potion

Guerlain Cils d'Enfer Maxi Lash - Like many of the things I purchase, I received a sample of this mascara with a Sephora order. I brought it with me on a trip in place of my regular mascara(s) and I absolutely loved it. I had to have the full size after using it a few times. The brush is perfect to seperate the lashes and give the fluffy/fluttery effect, and the formula is amazing as well. No hard spider lashes here, but I have to admit it does tend to smudge at bit on the lower lashes since it is not waterproof. This isn't enough to make me not love it however, and I use a different mascara on the bottom lashes. I have a million and one mascara samples to use up so this is no problem.






No comments:

Post a Comment