Sunday, August 31, 2014

Clinique Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel



I have been dealing with some hormonal acne for the past two years. My skin has calmed down a bit, but I still get a few monthly breakouts. Benzoyl Peroxide doesn't work for my skin, so I am left with Salicylic Acid (I also use sulfur products that I will get into in another post). I usually have good luck with products containing Salicylic Acid as far as breakouts are concerned, so I assumed that this Clinique clearing gel was just what I needed. 


This product is designed for use all over your face ( if your skin isn't too dry), and also as a spot treatment. I have tried both, and while it doesn't hurt my skin (cause peeling or extreme dryness), it doesn't clear my skin up like I had expected. I didn't notice a faster healing time or anything beneficial to any active breakouts. I still use it as part of my skincare routine around the time that I am expecting breakouts, and it may prevent a few from happening, but I just don't feel that it is effective enough. I will use what I have but I won't be purchasing it again. 


It comes in two sizes - .5 oz for $17 and 1 oz for $25



No comments:

Post a Comment