Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Becca Luminous Body Perfecting Mousse



          I have just gotten into the whole body "makeup" thing. I really was never interested because I felt that it was just be a clothing-staining, caught-in-a-rainstorm embarrassing streaky mess. I tried out this product, as well as Perfekt's Matte Perfection Gel.


This does exactly what the name implies in regard to the luminosity. It is very much a liquid bronzer for your body. It has a bit of shimmer, but you don't end up looking like a disco ball. Apply it sparingly (a little goes a long way!), and you get a subtle glow. **  Side note - You definitely want to shake it before you dispense the product due to the consistency.**  It does have a 'perfecting' aspect to it; it doesn't so much cover as it does blur - which is a lot less noticeable than a thick mask on your skin. You can build it up as well and it doesn't get too thick or super visible on your skin. As for smell, it does have a scent to it, which I don't mind and it's not going to compete with any fragrance that you want to wear.



As for being water and transfer resistant, it is to a certain degree. I find that it is very transfer-resistant if I put it on and wait a few minutes, then gently go over it with a towel to remove residue. I still would not wear white while wearing this (the Perfekt Gel is a little better for that). It is water-resistant, so if you get caught in a sprinkle of rain you won't have an ugly visible streak where the product just washed away. If you do get splashed/rained on, then you will want to pat the area dry with something rather than rub. 


From L to R: Amount of product used, 1 Layer, 2 Layers, and Becca swatched next to Perfekt

I do want to mention that this might not work as well for much darker or much lighter skintones than mine. I am usually light-medium depending on the time of year and/or if I have self-tanned. It does blend out really well, so the lighter skintones might do well with it! I also wanted to mention that this product is more cost-effective compared to the Perfekt Matte Perfection Gel ($17.50 for 1 oz, $48 for 3 oz.).

Overall, I really like it! It is perfect for an event that you want a little extra glow happening, or even just for day to day use. It's like summer in a bottle.

3.4 oz - $34 
Available at Sephora 







No comments:

Post a Comment